Library System Projects
- Since May 2016 the Library System is member of COAR Confederation of Open Access Repository. With members from Latin America, North America, Europe, China and Japan, COAR is supporting the open access movement and the networking of repositories all over the world.
- Linked heritage. Coordination of Standards and Technology for the Enrichment of Europeana is a project funded by the European Union as part of its Competitiveness And Innovation Framework Programme (CIP, 2007 – 2013). The project started on the 1st of April 2011 and ended the 30th September 2013. It involves 38 partners from 20 countries, including EU member states, Israel and Russia. University of Padova Library system was the WP leader for the activity of dissemination and training and coordinator of the e-learning Working Group. Read more about the project.
- Phaidra In 2010 CAB signed a 5-years agreement including acquisition, sharing and collaboration in software development of “Phaidra” (Permanent Hosting and Archiving of Digital Assets and Resources), a Digital Asset Management System developed by the University of Wien; Phaidra, interoperable with Europeana, is used as a long-term preservation system through the assignment of persistent identifiers (permanent links) to manage and store any kind of multimedia digital object (digital born and analogue). Since 2015 Phaidra is hosting also the Venezia Ca’ Foscari and Iuav digital collections. Currently the platform contains about 90,000 digital objects: pictures, documents, books, educational resources. Go to Phaidra leaflet.
- Laguna di Venezia Digital Library is a digital thematic archive created for the multidisciplinary documentation arising from the scientific studies on the Venice Lagoon. LVDL stands out for the originality of its thematic content and, thanks to a threefold level of semantic descriptors (free keywords, thesaurus ASFA, LC classification), can satisfy information search and retrieval by different kind of users, more or less specialized in biological and naturalistic topics. Read more about the project.
- Biblioteca Accessibile: a feasibility study, plan and implementation of a national Virtual Library for Readers with Print Disabilities aimed at the implementation of a federated search service for the access to books, journals etc. for visually impaired and other disabilities (Agreement with the Italian Ministry of Culture MiBAC, 2007- ).